"How Can You Have Too Many Children? That's Like Saying You Have Too Many Flowers" ~ Mother Teresa

A Peek Into Our Hectic, Crazy & Loving Family of Eleven

~♥~

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Moving Backwards

I am just not getting this. It is 2012. North Carolina just approved a constitutional amendment to ban gay marriage. But they didn't stop there. They also went one step further by not allowing civil unions. 

What.The.F***. !?!?!?!

WHY is this even an issue? Who's business is it of ANYONES to tell someone who they can and cannot love. Let alone our government. 

Black.Gay.Girl.Old.Transgender.White.Boy.Bisexual.Straight.Young.Tall.Funny.Blonde.Lesbian.

All I see from all those words is a person. People. Human beings that love and needs love. The desire for touch and companionship. The need to share their love with another person, or even multiple people. 

I hear all this talk from people about how 'allowing gay marriage will ruin the sanctity of marriage'

Someone please tell me how that is? You know what? Never mind. I don't want to hear any closed minded opinions of how that could happen. It doesn't. No more so than a heterosexual couple could. Or ANY couple for that matter. 

This video is going around Facebook. I watched it. I cried. I watched it again and again and wished the whole time that Tom was my son. That I could take him in my arms, hold him and tell him I love him. His parents should be ashamed of themselves. 

I have so much more that I could say but I'm so angry right now. And sad. And disgusted with the fact that there is even a need for me to be angry, and sad and disgusted. 

Please watch the video. Its long. And its sad. But take a minute and really watch Tom and Shane. Watch the video clips. You can SEE how much love is shared there. LOVE. And really, when it comes down to it, thats really all that matters. 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this. SO SO SAD. I appreciate you speaking out against this injustice.

    ReplyDelete