"How Can You Have Too Many Children? That's Like Saying You Have Too Many Flowers" ~ Mother Teresa

A Peek Into Our Hectic, Crazy & Loving Family of Eleven

~♥~

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Quotes: A New Passion

These days, I need motivation and inspiration. Life gets monotonous and dreary. I stay home all.damn.day. 24/7. Facebook is my friend. My connection with the outside world. Sad.

I've taken to finding quotes on the internet. I eventually want to get some to hand around the house so I spend time looking for ones that 'strike my fancy'. I decided to list some here, in one place for easier reference. I'm sure I will find more throughout the months. I will add them as I see ones I like :)

'All men dream but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes to make it possible.'
-T.E. Lawrence

Love doesn’t make the world go 'round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile.
- Franklin P. Jones

‎"Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art... It has no survival value; rather is one of those things that give value to survival."
- C. S. Lewis

If we are to have real peace, we must begin with the children.
- Mahatma Gandhi

Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding.
- Albert Einstein

People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within
-Elisabeth Kubler-Ross

We can live without religion and meditation, but we cannot survive without human affection.
- Dalai Lama

Never live in the past but always learn from it.
- Anonymous

Failure is only the opportunity to begin again, this time more wisely.
- Anonymous

When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.
- Franklin D. Roosevelt

The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard, but must be felt with the heart.
- Helen Keller

Be the change you want to see in the world
- Ghandi

How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and the strong. Because someday in life you will have been all of these.
-George Washington Carver


2 comments:

  1. "Failure is the opportunity to begin again, more intelligently" is by Henry Ford. I think your anonymous quote is a paraphrase - and it's one of my favourites!

    I need inspiration and motivation as well. In fact, yesterday i was googling: "Thoughts to keep from strangling my 2 year old". Honestly, that was the search! Of course, "strangle" was not what I really meant - but "explode in a fiery rage" seemed too verbose ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love quotes! My current face is "Love me most when I least deserve it, because that's when I really need it" - it's a Swedish proverb.

    ReplyDelete