"How Can You Have Too Many Children? That's Like Saying You Have Too Many Flowers" ~ Mother Teresa

A Peek Into Our Hectic, Crazy & Loving Family of Eleven

~♥~

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

This And That: The Beginning Of My Series

I intended for this post be be about cloth diapering. But then I started thinking. I can't just post about one aspect of my parenting choices. I've done a few blog posts about parenting since I started this blog. This is one from April. And I'm sure I've mentioned how we parent in a few other posts. We practice Attachment Parenting. I say that almost as a label, a way of life, much like some people would label their religion. To me, parenting IS my religion. It's my job, it's my passion, it is my life. Its what I DO. And I try so hard to do what I feel is best. I have 9 little people that are my responsibility to raise to be the best that they can be. To do their part in society as good people. My job never ends. It is a 24/7 life.

The main idea behind Attachment Parenting is to raise children who will become adults with a highly developed capacity for empathy and connection. It eliminates violence as a means for raising children, and ultimately helps to prevent violence in society as a whole.

The essence of Attachment Parenting is about forming and nurturing strong connections between parents and their children. Attachment Parenting challenges us as parents to treat our children with kindness, respect and dignity, and to model in our interactions with them the way we'd like them to interact with others.

Taken from this site: API

This is a good resource site if your new to what AP is. Check it out.

For us, we have extended our belief of AP beyond the emotional raising of our children. We also use cloth diapers, babywear, breastfeed, extended rear-facing, selectively/no vaccinations, co-sleep, and are anti-circumcision. As my husband would say, we are crunchier than we ever thought we would be. He calls me a Modern Day Hippie :). I'll take it :)

I thought that it would be nice to highlight each of these areas that I feel so strongly about in a post every few days. Now, this is not to say that MY way is the best way (although, I feel it is) but just to get some more knowledge out there for others that need some more info. I'll try to make each post as informative as I can, with pictures, links and info. But, keep in mind that I have 6 month old triplets. This may take awhile :)

I'm going to start with circumcision. Mostly because I have a few friends that are currently pregnant with baby boys and are torn as to what to do. I feel the urgent need to get this information on here quickly so that they can make an educated, informed decision. There are alot of links and literature that I want to include so this may take me a few days, be sure to check back. It will be worth the wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment