"How Can You Have Too Many Children? That's Like Saying You Have Too Many Flowers" ~ Mother Teresa

A Peek Into Our Hectic, Crazy & Loving Family of Eleven

~♥~

Friday, December 4, 2009

Hypocrisy.

Yup. That's my word for the week. See post below then read this one.

I came home. I had to. I was so exhausted, that I couldn't even remember which baby was which. The Dr. came in one morning to see the babies, took one look at me, and told me to go home. He said that I was no good to anyone in the condition I was in. I thought that leaving my other kids was hard, this was just as difficult. Knowing that they were going to sleep without me there sucked. I've been there daily every morning and every night, I just come home to sleep but I am getting sleep, which is what I needed. They have good nurses that I love. LSC has been a great hospital. They made the NICU experience the best it could possibly be. I'm getting a good 8-9 hours sleep a night, waking up only to pump. But they come home tomorrow, (Eeek!) I am well rested and all is good!

On a lighter note, I must have the best friends and sister EVER. I am so blessed to have these people in my life. I don't know what I did to ever deserve such amazing friends, but God must be looking out for me lately. I don't know how I would have gotten through these past 6 months without them. Today I came home to the cleanest house ever. They rearranged everything to make it so that we could really live here. The little girls have an awesome playroom. The babies have their place and we have a living area. The older kids have their TV area. It is really conducive to our family life.

Miranda, Amber, Tiffany, Heidi, Kayle and Cindy, I love you guys so much. Thank you for all the help, support and love. We are truly blessed. The babies have come into this world with so many people who love them and our family. I am literally in tears as I realize how lucky we have been this past few months. Lucky so many times.

I will try to post tomorrow after we get them home and settled and with more pictures. Now I am off to do some pumping, then head to the hospital to give the girls a kiss goodnight. :)

2 comments:

  1. It is not hypocrisy to take care of yourself! What great friends and family to make your home even more welcoming and homey for your family. I hope you get the rest your body needs and am very happy for you and your family on the upcoming homecoming! I imagine there will be less updates but hope it is as smooth as a transition as it can be for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhh!I'm so excited for you guys to be home! Glad you are taking care of you! You'll still need to remember that now that you'll be home. I was obsessive that I had to do it all. Couldn't catch a nap and let someone else watch babies. Let yourself have a break and rest if you can. Feeding those babies is your full-time job and cuddling your other kiddos. I really hope you let your great support system continue to care for your family. Enjoy this time. I know you will! God's richest blessing on all of you!

    ReplyDelete