"How Can You Have Too Many Children? That's Like Saying You Have Too Many Flowers" ~ Mother Teresa

A Peek Into Our Hectic, Crazy & Loving Family of Eleven

~♥~

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

WE DID IT!! **Week 28**

We made it. 28 weeks. We made it to the "safety" point. We definitely DO NOT want these girlies to be born yet but if for some reason, they are, then the chances of them surviving with no long term problems is about 95%. YAY!

Dr. Appointment went fabulous. Again. Cervix is measuring at 4.0 and 3.1 under pressure. The under pressure number is probably fluctuated a tad since the tech had me do the pressure. I pushed HARD. I wanted to see how much pressure it took. lol. The numbers are still great. The girls look perfect. Perfect fluid. Growing and kicking like crazy. Rosalie isn't head down again which is nice. Much more comfortable for me. Now she's laying across my cervix which is nice. She's kinda holding everything in with her butt. lol. Amber went with me to ask the Dr. some good questions about the surgery and we meet with the neonatologist Friday.

I even graduated. I no longer have to do cervical checks. The Dr. said they are kind of pointless at this point. It will shorten since there is alot of weight in there. They will check my cervix if I start having symptoms and maybe occasionally every few weeks or so but it's not vital anymore. I will start getting the fFN tests every 2 weeks from now on. The Dr. did say that at the first sign of a positive test, he will admit me since my babies kind of like to shoot out with no warning. :) Which is good. I'm not ready to deliver triplets at home. The C-Section is still scheduled for December 1st or 2nd but I'm going to talk with him about maybe being admitted around that time instead and seeing if we can keep the girls in just a tad longer to avoid as much NICU time as possible. They would just do daily monitoring in the hospital. We'll see how that goes, I'll keep ya'll posted.

I'll post belly pics tomorrow. I'm not hiking up the stairs tonight. :)

4 comments:

  1. HAPPY 28! What an awesome milestone! So very happy for you and the babies. Keep cooking, Mama!

    I so, so hope you make your goal, but we know now is just bonus time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woot! Keep cooking baby girls! She's got more knitting to do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 28 weeks is awesome! and i vote for dec 4. that's my boys' birthday. it's a good day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Nicole! You are doing amazing things for those girls (who I'm sure won't arrive for MANY more weeks) :)

    ReplyDelete